[We hope that this project will become a standard feature on the blog and readers will regularly contribute interviews conducted according to these guidelines.]
Instructions [to be followed carefully]: Choose a cooperative person in your life. Present each of the following questions/prompts to your subject without elaboration. Record the full extent of their response. Upon completion, preface the interview with as much biographical detail (name/age/occupation/etc.) as your subject desires.
Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When and why did you come to Chicago?
- At what age did you first fall in love?
- What do you read for pleasure?
- Name your most essential "only in Chicago" moment/place/person/phenomenon
- Are there secrets you have yet to share with another person?
- What has been your biggest regret?
- Where do you get your news?
- What, if any, electronic device would you subtract from modern life?
- Would you want to live in an alternate world in which both men and women could naturally bear children?
- Describe your single most profound moment of creative inspiration.
- Is there anything else you would like to add?